By Laurence R. Horn
Read or Download A Natural History of Negation (The David Hume Series) PDF
Best grammar books
This publication argues that the idea that grammatical family are either useful and common is an unwarranted generalization. The grammatical family members of topic and item are required on the subject of the Indian language of Kannada. moreover, the concept of transitivity or transference which kinds the foundation for postulating grammatical family doesn't play the predicted crucial function in all languages: in relation to one other Indian language, Manipuri, it really is volitionality and transitivity which performs the vital position in clause constitution.
What may still language and writing academics do approximately giving scholars written corrective suggestions? This booklet surveys concept, learn, and perform at the very important and occasionally arguable factor of written corrective suggestions, often referred to as “error/grammar correction,” and its influence on moment language acquisition and moment language writing improvement.
The Haitian Creole Language is the 1st e-book that offers extensively with a language that has too lengthy lived within the shadow of French. With chapters contributed through the best students within the research of Creole, it presents details in this language's background; constitution; and use in schooling, literature, and social interplay.
Colloquial Yoruba: the total direction for newcomers has been conscientiously built by means of an skilled instructor to supply a step by step path to Yoruba because it is written and spoken this present day. Combining a transparent, sensible and available kind with a methodical and thorough remedy of the language, it equips freshmen with the basic abilities had to converse with a bit of luck and successfully in Yoruba in a large diversity of occasions.
- Les difficultés de l'anglais : la voix passive (Kubaba) (French Edition)
- Pronouns and Word Order in Old English: With Particular Reference to the Indefinite Pronoun Man: Volume 18 (Routledge Library Editions: The English Language)
- Parallelism and Prosody in the Processing of Ellipsis Sentences (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics)
- Morphology and Mind (RLE Linguistics C: Applied Linguistics): A Unified Approach to Explanation in Linguistics (Routledge Library Editions: Linguistics)
- Phase Theory: An Introduction (Research Surveys in Linguistics)
Additional info for A Natural History of Negation (The David Hume Series)
A Natural History of Negation (The David Hume Series) by Laurence R. Horn